01. Web Application Support Engineer
Job Location: Kolkata, India
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Purpose of Position
- The primary function of the Web Ops Support Engineer is to support and maintain the day-to-day running of the Group's (over 30) web based applications.
- Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Support the day-to-day running of client's websites including maintenance of the interface between the eCommerce system, SAP and Datacash.
- Work directly with the Developers to bridge the gap between development and production, and troubleshoot issues.
- Use continuous delivery pipelines for automated application deployment.
- Manage and monitor development and production environments, over 150 servers
- To resolve 'incidents quickly and effectively
- To record all 'incidents' in IT Service management tool
- Identify and implement approved changes.
- Monitor all sites via scripts/tools
- Record and report problems and changes
- Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Experience of working in an Web operations/support team.
- Experience of working with web based technologies (ASP.NET (WebForms, MVC) Web Services etc.)
- Experience of deploying and maintaining websites via PowerShell together or IIS management.
- Experience of writing SQL scripts and database administration
- Experience of working with scripting languages (e.g. PowerShell, VB Script, Python etc).
- Must be prepared to carry out other duties, appropriate to the level of the role as required.
- Strong customer focus with exceptional communication skills. You will need to demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with staff and service users at all levels, both verbal and written.
- Good experience of Windows Server administration skills (troubleshooting server performance issues etc.)
- Experience of troubleshooting web applications (.net preferably)
- Knowledge of Cloud Services (Azure, AWS, Google)
- Able to demonstrate transfer of knowledge to other team members and desire to learn new skills and take on new responsibilities relating to new technologies
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Any experience of working with Tomcat is highly desirable
- Experience of Marklogic server administration and XQuery is highly desirable
- Any experience of working with Octopus Deploy is highly desirable
- Any experience of working with APM tool e.g. Microsoft application insights, New Relic, Nagios is highly desirable
- Any experience of working with Source Control is highly desirable.
- Any experience of working in a DevOps role is highly desirable.
- Any experience of working with the Azure platform.
Apply for the job
Mail your CV at email@example.com with the subject line as "Web Application Support Engineer"
Fill the form below