Career Opportunities at MSR
- Careers - Job Openings
01. BSI Service Desk – L1 LEVEL
Need basic technical knowledge, excellent communication skill & immediately available
Job Location: Kolkata, India
Essential functions / Job role:
- MSR Support: To provide a consistent, quality, technically competent IT Support service to BSI. Take appropriate ownership, monitoring, tracking & communication in relation to logged/assigned calls to Group IT and all BSI employees. To resolve all calls within defined SLA’s, in a friendly, efficient and professional manner.
- Incident Management: To be involved in the process of logical troubleshooting of complex technical incidents & issues, where necessary taking responsibility and ownership for root cause analysis, proactive and reactive resolution.
- Request Management: To action all requests within SLA’s (Response, CM, PO, Software) Provide updates where appropriate to the customer to ensure the service meets customer expectation. Execution of correct and precise information to ensure there is no duplication of time/data.
- Personal Characteristics:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Articulate & methodical approach to problem solving.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills both verbal-written.
- Ability to absorb complex technical information and communicate effectively at all levels to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Flexibility to respond positively to changing circumstances and conditions.
- Self-motivation with commitment drive & enthusiasm.
- A ‘can do’ outlook with ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team.
- Ability to remain calm and efficient under pressure.
- Open to rotational shift with staggered week-offs.
- Experience in a 24 x 7 IT Service Desk.
- Be sensitive to organisational culture and subcultures, politics and personalities and shaping your approach accordingly.
- Technical Characteristics
- Incident & Problem Management processes gained within a structured Service Management ITIL or equivalent environment.
- Technical documentation skills.
- Knowledge of Service Desk operating process and procedures, IT Security Policy and Governance control
- Logical and structured way of thinking, with attention to detail. Ability to carefully follow policy and procedure to methodically and efficiently handle/resolve issues.
- Highly customer focused, articulate, excellent telephone manner and confidence in dealing with people at all levels.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines within SLA’s and defined escalation procedures.
- A pro-active approach to client support.
- Ability to provide remote user support and work within a multi-site environment.
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues in different teams and across different Geographical sites.
- Application Process : Please mail the updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line mentioning the position you are referring for.
Apply for the job
Mail your CV at email@example.com with the subject line as "BSI Service Desk – L1 LEVEL"
- Windows 7 & 10 Professional.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2008/2012 Server/Active Directory.
- MS Windows 2010/2016 Office products.
- Exchange/Outlook 2010 / O365/ SharePoint
- Understanding of Event management platform (Monitoring and Alerting)
- Basic understanding of an Identity and Access Management solution. Multi factor authentication.
- Awareness about cyber threats that affect employees.
- VPN & Remote Access support.
- IPhone & Samsung phone with Intune app.
- Knowledge of Cloud Evault systems.
- Knowledge of Client-server architecture.
- Working knowledge of a deployment tool (LANDesk / SCCM / or equivalent)
- Good understand of the hardware configuration & system settings on modern laptops / desktops.
- System/Network/Wireless management, administration & diagnostic tools.
- Internet/Intranet/Cloud technologies.
- Follow me printing.
- Antivirus features and functionality.
- Developmental Support
- To assist in the enhancement of customer relationships within BSI and build/maintain a customer facing and communicative ethos within the team. To assist in the proactive improvement, effectiveness & efficiency of the Service Desk operation, continually finding ways to improve the delivery of service by promoting proactive ideas and improving core service delivery and where possible reducing costs and providing value for money solutions. To assist MSR Service Desk Manager when necessary in the mentoring & training of Service Desk Analysts and customers.
- Technical Awareness: To take initiative in keeping skills updated and staying abreast of current/emerging technologies and trends.
- Operational Controls: To ensure the operational integrity of the computer systems in accordance with agreed service levels and operating controls, taking actions as necessary in pursuit of this to ensure that all operational controls and procedures are in place, documented and updated as required. Understanding of Governance and IT security controls.
- Highly Desirable
- At least 1/2 years previous experience gained within a Service Desk Analyst or equivalent position.
- A proven track record of delivering high quality IT support within a 6000+ user in a global environment.
- Experience as a Service Desk Analyst with a demonstrable track record of high achievement.
- Experience of working to & achieving results within defined Service Level Agreements.
- Excellent understanding of PC / peripheral configuration and maintenance (Desktop / Laptop / Phone / Printer etc.).
- Experience of Microsoft Windows 7 & 10 (Workstation and Server) and BackOffice applications.
- Experience supporting and maintaining a Microsoft Windows 2012 Server\Active Directory environment.
- Understanding of ITIL processes and Service Management best practice framework